We’re shaking things up! After many years of dancing in South Amherst, we have moved our regular dance north to Greenfield on Wednesday nights.
- Dates: 1st and 3rd Wednesdays through 2/2023,
switching in March to 2nd and 4th Wednesdays
- Times: 7:00–9:30pm
- Location: Guiding Star Grange, 401 Chapman Street, Greenfield MA
- Cost: $20–10 sliding scale admission
Our calendar features a rotating cast of stellar musicians and callers.
In addition to our regular biweekly dance, we host occasional special events, including The Phoenix at Lenox weekend for advanced dancers in April and the New Home Ball in November.
We follow the COVID protocols agreed upon by all dance organizers at the Grange, including:
- Masks: All attendees are required to wear a well-fitting N95, KN95, or KF94 mask while inside the Grange building, aside from *briefly* lowering a mask to drink water.
- Vaccines and boosters: All attendees are required to provide proof of up-to-date vaccination. Starting December 1 we will require proof of a bivalent booster. Acceptable proof includes your vaccination card, a photo of your vaccination card, or your digital SMART Health Card.
- Rapid tests: We encourage dancers, musicians, and callers to take a rapid test the day of the event.
For plenty more detail, see the full Friends of Greenfield Dance COVID-19 policy.